GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1156476454

From: "Mary Ann Roesler" <>
Subject: RE: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] Character Map
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:27:34 -0500

Hi Cathy, I had my character Map on my desk top but figured out how to put
it on your tool bar. 1st of all you need to have your Quick Launch
activated on the tool bar. To activate or check if it is: Right-click an
empty area on the taskbar (The blue bar after the green Start button). A
menu appears, click toolbars, the click quick Launch if it doesn't have a
check mark in front of it. Next go to start>All Programs>accessories,
system tools, character map. Position the mouse over the Character map and
drag the item to the quick Launch toolbar. A black line indicates where the
shortcut for the item will appear. Windows places a short to the item then
on the Quick Launch toolbar. Additional info: To add an item on the Start
menu to the Quick Launch toolbar, locate the item on the start menu. Press
and hold down the Ctrl key as you drag the item from the start menu to the
toolbar. If you don't see the item on the Quick Launch toolbar you can
click on the double >> in the blue box at the end and it will display the
hidden items. Right-click an empty area on the taskbar to permanently
display all the items, On the menu that appears, click Lock the taskbar to
remove the check mark beside the option. Then position the mouse over the
right border of the toolbar and drag the border until all the toolbar items
are displayed. To delete an item from the Quick Launch you can right click
the button for the item and then click Delete on the menu that appears.
Click Yes or Delete Shortcut in the confirmation dialog box that appears. I
hope this helps. As I said in the opening I prefer mine on the desktop so
just used shortcut to place it there. With using the character map you
don't have to type all the codes, just pick what you want and select and
copy, then paste within your email or word doc. Mary Ann