GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1156344876

Subject: Re: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] Sudeten tracht
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:54:36 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/2006 8:38:59 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
writes:

When this is finalized, Karen,
please post the date and place of your presentation here on the list.

The Tracht presentation will be at the Ellis and Hayes Kansas Bukowina Fest
on Sept 15-16 and 17. I will be speaking at the Saturday night banquet in
the Vagabond Hotel banquet room.at Hayes.

The fest is for Germans from elsewhere as well as Bukowina Germans.

The Tracht presentation covers the Berman-Bohemian Tracht that represents
the Bohemian and Moravian Tracht that was worn by the families who migrated to
Bukowina from Bohemia during the first 60 years of the Nineteenth Century.

German-Bohemians were the majority of the German-speaking population of
Bukowina. There were a few Germans from Germany as well as Poles and Ruthenians
in Bukowina. I don't know if the festival also celebrates those
peoples.

Karen

This thread: