GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1156304701

From: "Aida Kraus" <>
Subject: Re: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] Town history
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:45:01 -0700

Key in the name of the village and country into Google or Wikipedia and see
what you get. Try different URLS and websites. Sometimes you can be very
successful by keying in www.google.de and once you are on their website,
key in the Czech name of the old German village and the word "Tschechien"
after it. Then the website for that place will come up. Whatever website
will open for you, copy that websites address and put it into the Google
translator. It is only a verbatum translation that often does not make
sense, but if you read it carefully you can understand quite a bit of it.
Also go to www.mapy.cz for location.
Aida