GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1156268282

Subject: Re: H-GAGCS: Web site on German-American dialects
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:38:02 EDT

Cross-posted from German-American list.

The site cited does not include any Minnesota dialects and when I clicked on
the Wisconsin dialects (there were GBs there, too) the page failed to come
up. I did not try to get it up using a different browser like Netscape of
Firefox, but that may work if you ISP browser does not.

Karen:

From: Max Kade Institute at UW-Madison <>
Date: August 21, 2006 3:58:51 PM CDT

MKI launches new Web site on German-American dialects

The Max Kade Institute is pleased to invite you to visit a new Web
site devoted to German dialects spoken in the United States, part of
the American Languages project funded by the Institute of Museum and
Library Services.

Go to http://csumc.wisc.edu/AmericanLanguages, click on "German
dialects," and explore the site. We also invite you to complete a
brief user survey, which is linked under "Evaluation" at the upper
right. Although the survey questions are formulated in English, you
may answer in German or English.

This survey is important to us in making the site as user-friendly as
possible, and we appreciate all comments.

Kevin M. Kurdylo, Librarian
Max Kade Institute for German-American Studies
Madison, Wisconsin

This thread: