GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1156202600

From: "randy mathes" <>
Subject: Re: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] Morgenroth? Is it this?
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:23:20 -0500

my mom used to have sayings for when one dropped silverware( now mind u, i
don't speak or spell german, so.......);when we dropped a spoon she wud say
"der lepel der man" meaning a man wud b coming; and if u dropped a fork "de
gobble be frau" meaning a lady wud b coming; and if u dropped a knife "des
messer des michen" meant a girl would b coming