GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1156194953

Subject: Re: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] Spinne(n) am Morgen
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:15:53 +0000

I don't know if this comes under the heading of Superstition but does someone know the German and English words for the song or poem "Morgen Rot"?
My mother passed on to me one of the few tid-bits she knew of her father (he died when mother was 15 months old).
Her father sang "Morgen Rot" as he worked in the fields with the family. Mother was put in a cradle under a shade tree.

Bob Paulson

From: "Aida Kraus" <>