GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1155851575

From: "Dr. Jack Schaffer" <>
Subject: Re: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] German given names to English names
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:52:55 -0700 (PDT)

I think it is worthwhile to look under Richard. Not
infrequently, either by act of the immigrant
him/herself or by act of an immigration official, they
chose English names that were similar, even if not the
"equivalent." Richard would be a logical choice in
that case.

Jack Schaffer

http://listsearches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl?list=GERMAN-BOHEMIAN