GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1155753869

From: Laurence Krupnak <>
Subject: Re: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] Russian surname database
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:54:26 -0400

Hello Karen and mailing list members,

wrote:

> The Eastman newsletter today noted a Russian public affairs agency has put
> up a website that is an all-Russia surname database.
>
> This may be helpful for those with GB ancestors who migrated to Bukovina or
> Galicia and whose towns ended up in Ukraine - Russia.
> I don't know if the all-Russia designation includes Ukraine.

Galicia and Bukovyna were never areas/territoies that were within the
Russian Empire. It is possible that families in other parts of Ukraine
(like Volyn-, Zhytomyr-, Kiev-, etc. territories) are included in the
"All Russia Family Tree Database", siince those parts of Ukraine were in
the Russian Empire.

> Go to: _http://www.vgd.ru

> Karen

_______