GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1155424139

From: "Aida Kraus" <>
Subject: Re: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] Cottager
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 16:09:15 -0700

OOOOOPS: I am requoting:
"Hausler can be taken apart to be Haus (house); Hausl (little house); and by
adding the "er" it becomes an adjective referring to the occupant - Hausler
is
one who lives in a little house."
OOOOOOPS: not so!
Someone who is a Häusler does NOT live in a smaller house, hahaha! The
suffix "ler" not just "er" ist the possessive suffix meaning that he owns it
(large or small), because one that lives in a "Klause" is also called a
"Klausler".
Just to set the record straight and not apply a meaning that is not
there!
Aida