GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1155358984

From: "Aida Kraus" <>
Subject: Re: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] Settlers to Rumanian Banat from Bohemia
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:03:04 -0700

Thank you Evelyn, but I bet that the city you spelled Zbiroh is probably
Str^ibro which is the equivalent of the German name of that town: Mies. It
is near Pilsen. I found out that the group that went from the Klattau area
were Protestants and they left there with quite a few others from the area
of Asch and Selb, which is North and Northwest of that area along the
Bohemian Forest. It might be a good idea that those people who have
ancestors in that area and have come to a dead should check out possible
connections to those settlements in the Romanian Erzgebirge (Ore Mountains)
at Garina and Steierdorf. I am referring again to these links. Visit
them, they have very nice photographs there,
too.
Links:
http://esterl.es.funpic.de/sites/fs_2.htm

http://www.garina.de/