GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1155339394

From: Gail Speer <>
Subject: New to Bohemian website, researching my family
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:36:34 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to find any information on my family. I have documentation that they lived near Dobris, Bohemia, and sometime also lived near Prague. The name has gone thru several spelling changes.

Frank: born 1820, died 1906, was a shoemaker
Franz Rynxsmunt
Frantisek Ringsmunt
Frantishek Ringsmunth
Frank Ringsmuth
Frank Ringsmith

Johanna (also known as Anna) born 1831, died 1903
Johanna Maheyka
Johanna Matejka

He and his wife Johanna and 5 children emigrated to Kewaunee, Wisconsin in 1865. Once in Wisconsin, they had 4 more children.

The 9 children's names:
Joesph (born 1855, first wife Libuse Nohlicek, 2nd wife Libbie Wanish)),
Anton (born 1857, died 1935), first wife was Mary Pacer, 2nd wife Emilie Mraz),
Barbara (married a man with the name Hamachek),
Mary (born 1861, died 1943, married to James Chadek),
Frank (born 1865, died 1946, married to Mary Bahr),
Agusta (also known as Gustie, born 1869, died 1926, married to Thomas Sanvidge),
Tilly (died as infant),
John (born 1870, wife's first name Mary),
Ladislov Elija (also known as Eli, born 1877, died 1961, married to Irene Bement)

Johanna's birthplace was listed as Lobomsyl, Bohemia. Johanna was the daughter of Anton Maheyka, or Matejka. Her mother was a dressmaker and had a shop in Prague where she catered to the elite.

Any information you might have about this family, I would very much appreciate hearing from you! I am the great-great grandaughter of Frank and Johanna.

Sincerely,
Gail (Ringsmith) Speer

This thread: