GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1154569285

From: LaVerne <>
Subject: Nixdorf to Frankenhausen before 1814
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 18:41:25 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you, Aida and Karen for your thoughtful answers. I will keep them in my files.

I have been fortunate in receiving Ev. parish abstracts and some civil records from Bad Frankenhausen, Thuringia. I have information from St. Mikulas in Mikulasov also, but unfortunately the records begin only in 1780 because of an earlier fire.

Because Thomasdörf/Tomasov is near the northern rim of the Czech border, and so near Germany, it is very possible that they lived in Germany before moving to Thomasdörf. But could a Häusler move. I had not thought of his being in the military, but I was aware of the famines after 1814, which were found in Thuringia also.

Even though my family left the Czech Republic so long ago, I enjoy reading the personal history so often told on this mailing list.

LaVerne

This thread: