GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1154549074

From: LaVerne <>
Subject: Nixdorf to Frankenhausen before 1814
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 13:04:34 -0700 (PDT)

I too have wondered why my gggrandfather Jacob Anton PITSCHMANN/PIETSCHMANN, born in Thomasdörf by Nixdorf in 1783 emigrated to Frankenhausen, Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt where he married in 1814. He was a merchant of cutlery there, but his father was a Häusler and Viehändler in Bohemia. However in his marriage record in Frankenhausen the father is described as a Viehändler (cattle merchant) from Bohemia.I know an older brother moved to Sondershausen, but a sister was married in Bohemia. His father had died by the time of his marriage, so that may have had something to do with his moving.

Any ideas, anyone?

LaVerne

This thread: