GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2009-02 > 1235869425

Subject: Re: [GV] GER-VOLGA Digest, Vol 4, Issue 87
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 20:03:45 EST

> AHSGR has an extensive PAF database but it can be used only if you drive to
> Lincoln or go to a convention.

=======
I decided it was time to share the information that I have collected.
Therefore, I recently uploaded my Family Trees onto RootsWeb. This is a free
site. You don't have to be a member to look at my trees.

Go to:

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/

Go to "Search Engines and Databases" on the left side of the page. Select "
WorldConnect Project."

Go to "find a database by keyword." Enter "Norka" and click on "GO."

Four trees will come up. The third and fourth trees are mine. One is
called "Norka and others." Click on the name of my Database called "rsvolga."
>From there you can go exploring.

There are over 6,900 names in the tree. All of them are connected to me in
some way. Many are ancestors, inhabitants, or descendants of Norka, but my
Swedish relatives, the Kahres and the Cordes family can also be found.

My other file is called Norka Ancestors, Inhabitants & Descendants which is a
resource file put together from many sources. It contains over 27,500
names. Be sure to look at both files. There is some unique information in each
file.

With so many entries, I am sure there may be some errors, although I have
tried to be as accurate as possible. If you find an error or have additional
information, please send me an e-mail message. I hope you will let me know
what you think of my two files and if you find them useful.

One of these days I plan to merge these two files, but that is a BIG task.
There is some duplication, but also some unique information in each of the
files. Be sure to check back from time to time. I cannot make corrections or
additions directly to my RootsWeb files. Such changes must be make in my
genealogy program and then uploaded to RootsWeb. I will be uploading my revised
file from time to time. Watch for new dates on these files which will
indicate that I have made changes.

Dr. Ruth Schultz,
Life Member of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (AHSGR)
Researching surnames: Blum, Frueauf, Weitzel & Scheidemann from Norka

Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
neighborhood today.