GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2009-02 > 1235868605

Subject: Re: [GV] GER-VOLGA Digest, Vol 4, Issue 89
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 19:50:05 EST

> Maybe I will take up the challenge to run for the AHSGR Board.
>
> Bill Pickelhaupt

========
I sincerely hope you do. You have demonstrated to me that you are the kind
of Board member that is needed because you are able to think outside of the
box.

I have been asked several times, but have been forced to declined because of
health concerns for my husband and myself.

A number of us associated with the village of Norka combined our resources
and obtained the 1834 and 1857 census for our village when AHSGR failed to do
so. If we had not done so, these documents would still be unavailable. The
same is true for many other villages.

I have found great hope in the Center for Volga German Studies at Concordia
University in Portland, OR, and have been supporting their activities. I see
this as the hope for attracting the younger generation. I hope others will
support this activity as well. If you have not done so, please visit:
http://cvgs.cu-portland.edu/

Dr. Ruth Schultz,
Life Member of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (AHSGR)
Researching surnames: Blum, Frueauf, Weitzel & Scheidemann from Norka

Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
neighborhood today.