GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2008-09 > 1222609102

From: William Pickelhaupt <>
Subject: Re: [GV] GER-VOLGA Digest, Vol 3, Issue 391
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 06:38:22 -0700 (PDT)

Just to further clarify to all, the census documents I saw were handwritten in Russian. If you can figure out a couple Russian of words, you can likely read the name of your village, the surnames you are after and some of the given names.

You can print out a hard copy and ask someone on this list to translate if the task is too daunting. Or, if a Russian Orthox parish is nearby, approach them; or a college or university.

Bill P.