GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2008-09 > 1222531802

From: "Brent Mai" <>
Subject: Re: [GV] GER-VOLGA Digest, Vol 3, Issue 386
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 09:10:02 -0700

Tim: As soon as I get a chance to check each of these films, I'll put out a message as to which film number has which colonies on it.

Bill can answer for himself about what he looked at, but this is the information that he shared with me:

Films #2373694, 2373695, 2373696 have the following 1857 censuses (I don't know which is on which film yet):

Beauregard
Boisroux
Katharinenstadt
Kaneau
Ober-Monjou
Orlovskaya
Paulskaya
Philippsfeld
Ernestinendorf
Basel
Bettinger
Kind
Brockhausen
Wiesenheim
Zichelberg
Biberstein
Hockerberg
Solothurn
Luzern
Schönchen
Rosental
Näb
Susannental
Meinhard
Zurich
Zug
Schaffhausen

These colonies are all on the Wiesenseite (east side of the Volga), north of Saratov.

Some of these are already available from Kevin Rupp.
http://www.volgagerman.net/Research%20Material/Census%20&%20Genealogy%20Book%20Order%20From.pdf

I will get the remainder translated, but it will take some time! More questions? Please ask!