GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2008-09 > 1222109965

From: Carla Wills-Brandon <>
Subject: [GV] Volga German "Know How!" Never tell a Volga German "No!"
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:59:25 -0700 (PDT)

Just a short note because 30 family members are trying to get to this computer.  We continue to be evacuated from our home on Galveston Island after hurricane Ike.  But Volga German stubborness came in handy several days ago.  After being told we could go back and pump the 8 feet of water out of our basement, my blood boiled.  We successfully snuck onto the island with gas pumps and did what we needed to do.  Along with this, we've been without power, etc., for close to two weeks.  In the 90 plus heat its tough but my husband's aunt, a holocaust survivor, who's own father was sent to a gulag in Siberia populated with Germans from Russia, keeps cheering us on, reminding us we have each other.

Best,
Carla

Carla Wills-Brandon
www.CarlaWillsBrandon.com
This to some would appear an old, old, soul;
yet all souls are as one--they were all of the same;
for soul is eternal. Edgar Cayce

This thread: