GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2008-09 > 1221917015

From: hugh lichtenwald <>
Subject: [GV] Die Welt-Post, July 20, 1922 (from the editor)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 06:23:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hallo List, Dennis, Ruth, both Susans, Bill and Marilyn:

The following article is translated to the best of my ability.

                                                        ---------------------

Page 5, Die Welt-Post, July 20, 1922

The Welt-Post in Russia

  Some months ago we learned that we could send the Welt-Post to Russia and immediately began doing so. Since that time we have sent the paper  every week to Dietel, Kutter, Beideck, Kukkus, Frank, Norka, Doenhof, Messer, Kolb, Franker Chutor, Huck, Balzer, Moor, Walter Chutor and Reinwald. We did this as a test and from week to week we waited anxiously for news from anyone who might have received the paper.
  Finally last week we received a letter from a Mr. Schulz in Beideck with the glad tidings that the Welt-Post had arrived three times in succession.
  A day later we received a letter from Schoolmaster Wuerz in Doenhof in which he said that he had received the Welt-Post.
  In a letter from the son of the recently deceased Schoolmaster Reuss in Balzer which was written to Friedrich Engel, it said that the Welt-Post had also arrived there.
  These are palpable proofs that the Welt-Post is being received in the villages. Whoever wishes to bring joy to their friends there can send their name, address and $3.50 for a year and we will do the rest.

Hugh Lichtenwald, from the farm in Monetta, SC
VC Wiesenmueller

This thread: