GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2008-09 > 1221523648

From: hugh lichtenwald <>
Subject: [GV] Die Welt-Post, May 18, 1932 (Kazakstan, Krim, Kutter)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:07:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hallo List, Dennis, Susan F., Susan N., Marilyn, Ruth and Bill:

The following article is translated to the best of my ability.

                                              ----------------------------

Page 2, Die Welt-Post, Thursday, May 18, 1932

>From Russia

Written the 10th of May, by me, Louise Roth from Kuter, wife of Jacob Roth. I am alone with two daughters, our father Jacob died in Achmalinska. Please my relatives and friends, in particular Heinrich Roth, if it is possible to assist me my address is: Kazakstan, Almatinski Okruga Talte Kurganski, Sowchos, Kak-su Jektewerwe Sela Kak-su uschafka Nos. 2. Punkd 1.

                                         Mrs. Louise Roth

Written by me, Heinrich and Katharina Schmick from Kasakstan to you, much beloved brother Georg. Father was Friedrich from Krim, we do not have your address and ask to have these lines published in the Welt-Post and to ask you also to send us a food packet because we are in great need. Already may packages have come into our village through Moscow and Riga. My address is: Almatinski Okruga Talte Kurganski Raion Potch, Kugali, Selo Zarizin 2 uschaft 1 Punkd.

                                            Heinrich Jacob Schmick

Hugh Lichtenwald, from the farm in Monetta, SC
VC Wiesenmueller

This thread: