GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2008-09 > 1221026903

Subject: Re: [GV] Correct name & location of Kukkus, please
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 02:08:23 EDT

I have scoured maps and the internet and with help from others, I am trying
to get the name of the German-Russian village of Kukkus on the Volga River
named correctly. This is what appears to be correct (please correct me if I am
wrong):

Woljskoje (aka Kukkus), Kanton Kukkus, Samara Gubernia, South Russia (per
maps). It is located on the east side of the Volga River.

Thanks for any assistance. I have found this village in a thousand
different locations in genealogy reports. The maps seem to be much more accurate.

Linda Freehling