GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2008-09 > 1220901360

From: maggiehein <>
Subject: [GV] request for Germany historic maps
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 14:16:00 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Bill,

I don't know about the Keil area specifcally, but my favorite web site for maps, both historic and modern, is

http://www.genealogyunlimited.com/

You will have to look through what they have listed under Germany to see if they carry a map for the area you are interested in.

Maggie Hein
Chicago, IL

>Sent: Sep 8, 2008 7:23 AM
>Subject: Re: [GV] GER-VOLGA Digest, Vol 3, Issue 354
>
>Re: Doos family from Dinkel
>The first settler for this family was Niklaus Doos (spelled Dos" in Russian
>on the Kulberg list, Dohs in German on several subsequent church records, but
>always Doos thereafter), a farmer from Gaden (?spelling), Holstein. I've
>managed to find a place called Gaden near Kiel on a map of Germany from the
>early 1800's on a website. This place no longer exists and apparently was
>incorporated or swallowed up by contemporary Kiel. Does anyone have any
>information or have references regarding this geographic area from that time frame ?
>I am especially interested in maps. I can't find the map that I originally
>saw on a website.
>Bill Doos
>PS " represents the hard sign in old Russian.

This thread: