GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2008-09 > 1220499403

From: Lauren Brantner <>
Subject: [GV] Obit: Schwartz, Schneider, Pfeif
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 20:36:43 -0700 (PDT)

The Greeley Tribune [Greeley, CO]
August 31, 2008

Victor Schwartz
Nov. 19, 1920-Aug. 29, 2008
Age: 87
Residence: Greeley, formerly Loveland

Tribute:
Victor R. Schwartz was born in Fort Collins to John G. and Elizabeth (Schneider) Schwartz. He spent most of his life in Larimer and Weld counties.

Mr. Schwartz was a retired farmer and feeder. He won numerous awards in the sugar beet industry, among them high sugar producer for several years.

Mr. Schwartz served in the Marine Corps during World War II.

One of his fondest memories was his long-lasting friendship with the Sozak family of Istanbul, Turkey, for 45 years. He made five extended trips as their guests visiting many interesting places all around Turkey, and also Bosnia, Austria and Hungary.

In February 1999, he married Elsie Pfeif Schwartz in Greeley.

Mr. Schwartz was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 41 in Loveland and Our Savior's Lutheran Church.

Mr. Schwartz died Friday at the Hospice and Palliative Care of Northern Colorado inpatient unit, Greeley.

Survivors: His wife, Elsie Schwartz of Greeley; a daughter, Vickie Ley of Eaton; four stepsons, Bill Jackson and wife Birget of Thornton, Paul Rich and wife Michelle of Oregon, Gene Pfeif and wife Carol Ann of Windsor and Jerry Pfeif and wife Kathy of Salinas, Calif.; a son-in-law, Robert "Sonny" Roth of Greeley; two brothers, Clarence Schwartz and wife Vernie of Loveland and Dave Schwartz of Evans; and numerous grandchildren.

Preceded in death by: A daughter, Kathy Roth; a son, James Schwartz; his parents; four brothers, John, Jake, Edward and Reuben; two sisters, Mary Schild and Helen Theil; and a son-in-law, Larry Ley.

Services: 2 p.m. Wednesday at Our Savior's Lutheran Church, Greeley.

Interment: Sunset Memorial Gardens, Greeley.

Visitation: 1-2 p.m. Wednesday at Our Savior's Lutheran Church.

Note: Memorial gifts may be made to Hospice and Palliative Care of Northern Colorado in care of Stoddard Funeral Home, 3205 28th St., Greeley, CO 80634. An online memorial is at www.mem.com.

This thread: