GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2008-08 > 1219598725

From: hugh lichtenwald <>
Subject: [GV] Die Welt-Post, May 11, 1922 (Frank)
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 10:25:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hallo List:

The following article is translated to the best of my ability.

                                                -------------------------------------

Page 8, Die Welt-Post, May 11, 1922

Moscow Consistitorial District
Pastor of the Evangelical Lutheran Parish
Frank, Russia

Rev. Jacob Wagner, Lincoln, Nebraska, presently in Frank:

Dear brother Wagner:
  Receive from me in the name of your home village and the entire Parish of Frank the sincere, deeply felt thanks for all of your love.
  You have brought over to us, the many poor and lost, sick and hungry, rich offerings from our brothers in faith in America. You have comforted us, the forsaken and of little faith, with the intimate church services you have held. With warm hearts they have testified to the love of Christ Jesus our Savior. You carried the brotherly love which powerfully blazes like a fire in America into your old homeland and we were allowed to see some of the Holy Spirit which has seized our friends over there. You have, without any thought of personal safety, dedicated yourself to serving in the famine area, leaving your home, wife and children.
  May God repay you dear brother Wagner and all of our esteemed fellow believers in America for what you have done for us and are still doing. We can only thank you with weak words but the Lord Himself will reward you a thousand-fold for the good work you have done. "The blessings of the Lord be upon you, we bless you in the name of the Lord!" We will pray together and pray for each other, praying ever more fervently. We will be strong in faith, love and hope. We will gather ourselves joyfully unto the banner of Jesus Christ our Lord. Then, I am most certain, we will be able to move mountains and attain victory. "Let us hold to the confession of hope and not waiver: because He is loyal, He has promised."
  With heartfelt love and gratitude I remain,

                                            Arthur Kluck
                                            Pastor to Frank

Hugh Lichtenwald, from the farm in Monetta, SC

This thread: