GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2008-05 > 1211453235

From: Diane Marvin <>
Subject: [GV] Saratov on the Volga
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 03:47:15 -0700 (PDT)

> Subject: [GV] Saratov on the Volga

I am trying to find
> some information on
> my Father's parents ...sirname Miller, first name
> Andreas. I found some
> information that they possibly came from Saratov. Andreas
> and his wife
> Sofia came to Canada in 1899 or 1900 along with their young
> son Heinrich.
> Does anyone know where they would have embarked to arrive
> in Canada?
>
> I found them on the 1901 Canada Census in Manitoba, then in
> the 1906 Canada
> Census in the Regina Saskatchewan census.

Diane Marvin

Thank you very much for the informtaion that you supplied to me on the Odessa website. Unfortunately none of the passengers came in l900.

On collectinscanada.gc.ca/archivianet I did manage by a real fluke to find my grandparents Andreas Miller, wife Sophie and their son Heinrich on a ship that embarked from Liverpool England. The ship name is "Cambroman", port of arrival Quebec and Montreal 1900-05-14. Their names appear on page 4 of the passenger List. They were going to Winnipeg. Country of Origin - Russia. It said nothing about their ethnicity - I know they were German.

My question to you is: Why are their names not in the Odessa web site. I know that after 1906 the passenger lists became more detailed. Maybe that is why they were not in the Odessa site? There is a part of the passenger list that is hard to read - left hand side beside their names. I know one word I can read says Russian, but not sure what the other word says. There is an amount of $10.00. I guess I will have to order the microfilm to make sure.

It is my understand that any germans coming out of Russia had to register
their names to be able to travel. Do you have any comments on this. Thank you for your help.

Diane Marvin
Rockwood, Ontario.

This thread: