GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2003-04 > 1051506862

From: Patrice Miller <>
Subject: Re: [GV] Knosp from Schilling
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 22:14:36 -0700

Barbara,

You should contact the AHSGR village coordinator for Schilling.

Gary Martens
4224 Judith Way
Haltom City, TX 76137-2610

He also has a Schilling website:
http://www.wathenadesigns.com/Schilling/

He may be able to help you in your search.

That is quite an unusual surname. The only mention of that surname I
can find is in a ship list index

A Johann Knosp age 30 and a Wilhelm Knosp, came to Chicago, IL from
Schilling. They were on the SS Etruria departed Liverpool Feb 16 1907
and arrived in NY on Feb 25, 1907.

Patrice Miller

Barbara Jordan wrote:

> This is my first message on the Ger-Volga web site. I hope I do this right. My Father was born on the west side of the Volga River in 1900 (Jacob Knosp), his brother John was born in 1907, his other brother was born in Siberia in 1909. They all came to the United States in 1911/12 with their Mother Katherine (Schmidt) Knosp and Father Jacob Knosp. They have all passed away now but I have not been able to locate any birth certificates, marriage of Katherine and Jacob or any information from the area. The town they were born and married in was Schilling, Russia which is now called Kamyshin which is part of Russia, Saratov. If anyone has any information at all I would be forever grateful. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> My name is Barbara A. Knosp Jordan
> email is:

This thread: