GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2002-04 > 1019236872

Subject: [GV] Johann Schreiber-Schilling
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:21:12 EDT

I recently had an old German/Russian documet pertaining to my grandfather
Johann Schreiber translated by AHSGR. The document was titled (as translated)
"THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE'S EXTRACT WRITTEN OUT FROM THE LIST OF GIVEN BIRTHS
AND CHRISTENINGS. Talovskiy Evangelic-Lutheran parish, Sosnovka settlement,
year 1887 #46" It listed all the birth and christening information for my
grandfather. His godparents were listed as Heinrich Kaiser and Johann Georg
Reis, yeomans. Affixed to the document was "duty stamp of 75 kopecks of the
Talovskiy settlement dated September 30, 1909" I hope someone can help me
with a couple of questions I have. I know Sosnovka = Schilling, where is
Talovskiy or is it a location? What are Yeomans? 75 kopecks are how much?
Thanks for any help
Rosemarie Snyder

This thread: