GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2002-04 > 1018829516

Subject: [GV] Re: Searching for Johannes Befus in Canada
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:11:59 -0700

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:11:10 -0700

Patrice Miller <> asks:

>Does anyone have information on the Johannes / John Befus or any John
>born around that time frame (1888-1896) that came to Canada?

According to my notes ( taken from Clues 1983 pt 2 ) there was a Johann
Befuss age 18 who travelled to Calgary with his brother Conrad Befuss and
wife Maria, arriving in New York on the SS Estonia, 26 October 1907, that
would make him born about 1889. I will see what else I can find.

As you may remember I have a photo of three GR families taken in Calgary in
1914, one couple in the group were about to move to the US, I do not know
their name but a family member says she thinks it was Befus. My
grandfather's first wife was a Gerlitz, if that fits in with the other
family you mention, there are just too few names to go around making these
connections all so difficult!

Kathryn

This thread: