GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2002-04 > 1017796773

From: "Mac.com" <>
Subject: Re: [GV] Hamburg dates?
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 20:19:48 -0500

I have not followed this real close and have not worked with the Hamburg
website so I do not fully understand the question. It appears that you (Kim)
have the date of arrival in New York that you wish to relate/verify the
departure date from Hamburg (?). Generally speaking, the trip from Hamburg
takes/took 14 days (+/-). Knowing the name of the ship and the arrival date,
I believe one can check the book of departures/arrivals at the LDS Family
History Center (FHC) and come up with the Hamburg departure date (in this
case) through a quick process of elimination.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for or not. My personal
experience was that my dad's information, thought to be the arrival date,
turned out being the departure date when I was able to research the LDS
reference material.

If you are not close to a FHC, I would be glad to check for you if this
would be of help and you contacted me directly with some details.

Don Loose
Warren, Mich.