GER-VOLGA-L Archives

Archiver > GER-VOLGA > 2001-01 > 0979434722

From: PETE HUETTNER <>
Subject: [Fwd: Privacy vs Sharing]
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 19:12:02 -0600

--------------E6980C975A1EFF70670C9824

Why is it such a bad thing to put family history on the web? We do
it for the enjoyment of knowing our family history and yes it is a lot
of time and research and sometimes money. I don't mind sharing. Some
families don't have the time and computers to do such intensive
research. Yes maybe the someone might make some money off the sights,
but certainly not to be rich. In my family alot of them really don't
care about history all that much like I do. For those who it might help
I say it is worth it. The web sights aren't going to become
millionaires off it, at least in my mind. Alot of the relatives are now
passed on so I don't think they will mind. I am just a beginner at this
and I still believe in people helping people and not be so stingy about
these things. I love sharing my family info and soon as I can afford my
own computer I would love to share my tree because I am proud of my
heritage. The Germans from Russia. Thanks for your time. Cory

--------------E6980C975A1EFF70670C9824