GENMSC-L Archives

Archiver > GENMSC > 2010-07 > 1280496276

From: "Phyllis" <>
Subject: Re: Keeping track of paper files
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:24:36 -0400

I agree. My files are on my computer and printed out as well. When I put
them into folders by family, I include a paper copy of legal documents (I
don't have a scanner).

My family knows I've spent over 20 years on this, and if they don't want it,
they can pitch it, but they'll each have their own copy before I'm gone (if
I live long enough to complete it). I can picture no one in my family with
enough money to hire experts to read what is not on paper.

"Brian" <> wrote in message

> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 19:10:58 -0400, Wes Groleau
>> Paper records can still exist after hundreds of years. I have serious
> concerns about whether digitized records will be able to be read in
> the future.
> I'm a believer in the socks and suspenders theory. Digitizing records
> is good but to me, having digital and paper records is better.

This thread: