GENMSC-L Archives

Archiver > GENMSC > 2005-02 > 1108002873

From: "dane" <>
Subject: Re: Looking for Danish relatives in USA
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:34:58 -0500

<> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm looking for a Danish relative who emigrated to United States in
> 1903.
> His full name was "Laurits Christian Alfred Larsen". He was born in
> Denmark on May 3rd 1883.
> I don't if he used his full name when he came to the USA, maybe he only
> used Laurits Larsen, Laurits Chritstian Larsen, or maybe choose Alfred
> or Christian as his first name -- as I was told Laurits is not a very
> common name in the US.
> I've heard that he had at least to sons who where active during WW1.
> Maybe the died in service.
> I am very much hoping to find any relatives connected to Laurits.
> If you can help me, or guide me in a helpful direction please answer
> this message.
> Thank you in advance for any help.
> Kind regards,
> Peter F. Poulsen
> Denmark

A quick search at doesn't give a good match and the
same for Dansk Data Arkiv emigration database.

Where in Denmark was he born and where was he living when he left ? How do
you know that he left in 1903 ? Any idea where in the USA he went ? No old
letters from him or stories about him ?

You must mean WW II, his sons would have been too young for WW I.

This thread: