GENMSC-L Archives

Archiver > GENMSC > 2001-07 > 0994627203

From: (J & K Pimentel)
Subject: Re: Has RootsWeb Review gone berserk?
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 21:20:03 GMT

On Sun, 08 Jul 2001 10:46:47 GMT, "johnf" <>
wrote:

>No, that doesn't get away from the fact that the thread is still
>there. I will wait for John's explanation.
>In the meantime I will just have to continue using White-Out.

In the case of Free Agent, I can highlight a thread that I don't
wish to bother with and press delete (as I have already disabled
confirmation I am not asked if I really wish to do this). Presto
it's gone. I usually highlight the threads once a week and press
delete to clean house, there's probably a faster method, but I like
this one.

Some newsreaders permit the use of filters to remove the threads
even before you see it. Free Agent uses a Kill List approach.

A minor caution in using White-Out, it is generally a good idea if you
also obtain White-Off, also. White-Off is a relatively new product due
out soon to store shelves near you, its function in life is to remove
the White-Out found on some of the computer screens.

As to using the Ignore Conversation that Richard talks about, it is my
understanding that it works faster, though I could be in error.
It would be an improvement, if the key had a shortcut so that the
Message -> Ignore Conversation mouse clicks would not be necessary.

As to Cheryl, her abilities to filter surpass the best programs
around. If her abilities could be put into a program the world would
be a better place to live in.

Now, if we could get back to the argument, I would still like to know
if its a BIG BURR or a little burr that is on Bob's butt.....

John Pimentel

>"Richard A. Pence" <> wrote in message
>> "johnf" <> wrote in message
>> > Unfortunately I haven't as yet worked out how to remove
>> > a NG thread with the Delete key.
>>
>> > Please tell me how to, John, then both Cheryl & I can
>> > put it to good use.
>>
>> Perhaps this will work for you. Highlight a message in the thread.
>> Then click on Message>Ignore Conversation.
>>
>> Now, can we get back to arguing?
>>
>> <G>
>>
>> Regards,
>> Richard