GENMSC-L Archives

Archiver > GENMSC > 2001-07 > 0994512478

From: Otto Jørgensen <>
Subject: Re: Has RootsWeb Review gone berserk?
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 15:27:58 +0200

7 Jul 2001 10:02:43 GMT, in alt.genealogy,
(Thomas Steven Wright) wrote:

>I haven't read all the replies to this, but there's been a virus floating
>around rootsweb that puts the sender as , and
>forwards off all kinds of stuff to individula email addys in peoples
>mailboxes.

as far as I know, it is not possible to add attachment to mail going
through the mail-list of Rootsweb.
But it is a fact that it is no problem to make a false senders signature
as mention.
Where a mail is from is to se form the ISP code in the headers of the
message and if it is from Rootsweb, send a copy of the headers to
and they will handle this towards the users that have the
problem,

But I do believe that the is false and I
believe if you forward a message to that address it will be unknown

--
Otto Jorgensen - Norway
http://home.online.no/~otjoerge/

This thread: