GENMSC-L Archives

Archiver > GENMSC > 2001-07 > 0994484240

From: (J & K Pimentel)
Subject: Re: Has RootsWeb Review gone berserk?
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 05:37:20 GMT

On Fri, 06 Jul 2001 12:24:15 -0700, Robert Heiling <>
wrote:

>"Richard A. Pence" wrote:
>

>> Bob, I don't know why you have such a big burr on your butt about
>> Ancestry.com
>
>Because of the way they have mishandled this conversion! As my entire
>professional career has been in programming & computer operations and
>management of same, I've been through many such conversions. I'm proud
>to say that I never once had such a disaster as Ancestry has.

Normally, I would jump in here with some smart-ass remark, as I see
you two are already squaring off for a duel. One question. Would you
two mind holding the artillery fire long enough for the rest of
population to duck for cover. As for myself I will be taking notes.

Was that a BIG BURR or a little burr :^)

>> , but since both the forums of RootsWeb and
>> Ancestry.com have been free services, it might be reasonable to
>> allow the company to try and ccmbine duplicate operations
>
>I'd have been happy to see them combine duplicate operations in a
>competent manner.

John Pimentel

This thread: