GENMSC-L Archives

Archiver > GENMSC > 1998-12 > 0913072398

From: "Frances G. Kemp" <>
Subject: British Regiments in India 1860s
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 19:13:18 -0400

My G-grandfather was a noncommissioned officer garrisoned in India with
the 97th Regt. in the 1860s. He was there for seven and a half years.
His family accompanied him during during this period. Two of his sons
were born there; one at Jubbalpore and the other at Saugor. Can anyone
suggest some reading material which would help me become familiar with
what living conditions would have been like for families like this at
that time.

Many thanks for any help which can be given.

Frances

This thread: