GENEALOGY-DNA-L Archives

Archiver > GENEALOGY-DNA > 2008-09 > 1220675350

From: "David Faux" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 9RA Autosomal Native American Marker
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 21:29:10 -0700

Robert:

I would think that of the many possibilities, that the evidence suggests a
reasonable probability that the 18 value in your case comes from your
Chihuahua State ancestors. One would only be able to say that with a high
degree of confidence if all of the other groups could be ruled out or put
into the very unlikely range. The most likely explanation of my 18 repeats
is via one of the European populations, although not at all common there. I
guess only the 9 repeats would provide the ultimate in confidence in a
finding that pertains to Native Americans.

On 9/5/08, Robert Tarín <> wrote:

> David,
>
> I received my results of 16 - 18 today for D9S919. Looking at Table 1
> percentages this is what I see for my values. The value 16 seems to be very
> common worldwide so does not help narrow anything down. The value 18 was
> found in these populations....
>
> 26.7% Seri - a Native American people in Sonora, Mexico
> 25.0% Karitiana - a Native American people in Brazil
> 21.4% Hezhen - a Chinese minority in the Heilongjiang Province of Northeast
> China. Their language belongs to the Manchu-Tungu branch of Altaic.
> 21.4% San - the original inhabitants of South Africa
> 12.5% Sardinian - of the Mediterranean island
> 12.5% Bantu (South Africa)
> 11.7% Even - an indigenous people (Mongolian origin) of Kamchatka, Russia.
> http://www.vulkaner.no/t/kamchat/people.html
> 11.3% Inuit - indigenous people of the Arctic
> 10.3% Japanese
> 10.0% Tu - a Mongolian people of China
> 10.0% Uygur - a Turkic people of Central Asia
> 9.60% Sioux - NA (Sisseton/Wahpeton)
> 8.60% and below - everyone else
>
> The top listing (26.7%) in Sonora, Mexico is interesting for me because
> that
> is next to Chihuahua where my direct lineage is traced farthest. My
> DNAPrint
> results incidentally were 76% IE, 14% EA, 9% NA.
>
> Robert Tarín

This thread: