GENEALOGY-DNA-L Archives

Archiver > GENEALOGY-DNA > 2006-02 > 1140125368

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Cruithne/ Pict Nobility/ Lynch family
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:29:28 -0700

There are some additional features of your 459 = 8,9 Atlantic R1b
population.

Not only are many DYS463 values missing, but of those which are reported
they are slightly modal 25 instead of 24 (SMGF convention) The population
is modal 11 at DYS439 instead of 12.

The population is robustly modal at DYS464 = 13,13,15,17 which is far off
the beaten path.

And indeed it is highly concentrated in Ireland among the given pedigrees.

Ken