GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2010-11 > 1290830323

From: "William T. Flight" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] World Place Names
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 22:58:43 -0500

The support database in Genbox 4 works differently than the initialization
database in the current version: Genbox keeps the support database open and
uses the data for things like providing the autocomplete on place name
entry. Unlike version 3, only the place names that are actually used by the
user are copied into the user's database, which starts with no place data.
This design allows Genbox to have a much larger number on known place names
without impacting the size of the user's database.

World place name data is available online from a number of sources; I'm just
working on the hierarchies to make them compatible.

--Bill

William T. Flight
http://www.thoughtfulcreations.com

This thread: