GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2010-11 > 1290777368

From: <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] World Place Names
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 13:16:08 -0000

Subject: [GENBOX] World Place Names

>I see from Bill's blog on Twitter that he's "Loading the support database
> with world place names... ". That seems a awful lot of work, when we can
> quite simply add our own. The first thing I do when starting a new tree is
> to delete all the place names. Any comments....?

Awful lot and not really necessary I would have thought. We do the same,
delete all place names before importing a file.

Many moons ago a customer asked for a print and when his mother showed up as
being born in Peru we thought something was amiss.

He was Australian and had entered his mother as being born in Per short for
Perth but GB assumed that it was Peru, Bill did correct this but there may
be others that have not been discovered.

Best Wishes.
Ron
www.genealogyprinters.com

This thread: