GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2010-10 > 1288242303

From: "Rod Tilyard" <>
Subject: [GENBOX] Genbox Forum vs Rootsweb
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 16:05:03 +1100

I've noticed over some time now that most if not all of the seasoned Genbox
users prefer posting their queries here on Rootweb, and rarely if at all
post on the Genbox Forum (BBS) available through the Genbox Family History
website.

On the other hand, I see the Forum mainly frequented by new users, who don't
often, if at all, post here.

So unless the Forum is often frequented by the good Samaritans here, new
user posts can often go unanswered for weeks.

The other issue (at least in the past), is the Forum being spammed with
fictitious users and dubious posts.

Would it be better to have just the one Genbox community frequented by all
users, new and seasoned?

What do you think and any ideas on how to overcome this?

This thread: