GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2010-10 > 1287705644

From: Rich Marek <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] What's in a name
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 19:00:44 -0500

On 10/21/2010 6:01 PM, Kathy wrote:
I too have wondered about the future of Genbox which seems ironic since
we genealogists focus on the past. I do have a new license for
RootsMagic and Legacy. They just do not satisfy my needs for what I want
to do with my data. Wizards just confuse me even more... how do I work
with Source Citations that fit a standard that I don't wish to use. (I
error towards Paul's idea of many many many sourves. I want to use the
capabilities of the computer database.) ((I don't feel it is an error))

Kathy. what bugs do you feel affect you? I will continue to use Genbox
through Bill's work on V4 and I never have gotten the idea behind other
program's idea of customizable "first screens" to enter data. I enter
the data from a single source. No more no less.
I will wait.

Rich