GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2010-07 > 1280266941

From: "Cheri Casper" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] New Computer
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:42:21 -0700

Eileen - You can't simply copy the file and restore it on another computer.
You have to install the program because it writes files to your system.
Therefore what you need to do is (1) download GenBox from the website, (2)
install it on your new system, (3) move only your database files [those with
a .gdb file extension] to your new computer.

Just copying a program folder and restoring it on a new computer never
works. You almost always have to reinstall the software.

CheriC