GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2010-06 > 1277420703

From: "Peggy Baldwin at Family Passages" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Genbox and the future
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:05:03 -0700

I'll start with a disclaimer. I have left GenBox for RootsMagic. RootsMagic
4.0 has much easier sourcing than GenBox and the templates are much closer
to real Evidence Explained standards. It has shared events (witnessing).

What has always troubled me the most about GenBox is the almost complete
lack of marketing, and no response from Bill Flight about the necessity for
this. I finally got over the poor documentation, but it was a big stumbling
block when I began.

I have also used extensively Legacy, TMG, GenBox, and not RootsMagic. There
is no perfect software. To each his (her) own.

Peggy

Peggy Baldwin, MLS
Family Passages LLC
www.family-passages.com