GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2009-07 > 1247200947

From: "Karen Carrigan" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Adding a new attribute
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 23:42:27 -0500

Pat,
I was just looking for the same thing, and found the following in the help
file:
"Attributes are individual characteristics that persist over long periods of
time, such as national origin and religious affiliation. When the attribute
flag is set, the event type record also serves to define an attribute that
will be available to all individuals."
I think this means that only the types of attributes already listed are
available.
On that same tab you should see you FLAG list. I added a "Cleaned" flag to
my list. To add a flag, navigate to View> Data Setup> Individual Flags.
Create your flag and exit. Once I have thoroughly scoured the individual, I
mark them as cleaned.
To find the individuals that have NOT been cleaned, I run a query to find
all individuals with a "Cleaned" flag (Search> Attributes> Tick "Cleaned" in
flag list and run query). Copy the query results, and past it into a list
that contains all individuals in database. When prompted with a Paste
option, choose "Subtract from existing list(NOT)", which should yield a list
that contains the original destination members (all individuals in dataset)
that do not also appear on the merged list (your clean individuals).
This seems like a lot of work, but it does work! I guess the other option
is to take one of your unused Attributes that you think you will never use,
and repurpose it to meet your needs. I may do this with the Caste
attribute, as I don't see a need for it in the foreseeable future.
Hope this helps. Karen Carrigan