GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2008-09 > 1222128085

From: "Cheri Casper" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Search Queries
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 17:01:25 -0700

Jim - You will need to do this in two steps:

Events Tab: Event = Death
Events Tab: Date = >1907
Events Tab: Place = North Carolina

Save the results into a Saved List. Then run part two:

Events Tab: Event = Death
Events Tab: Date = >1980
Events Tab: Place = North Carolina

Subtract the second set of results from your Saved List. You should now
have a Saved List of everyone who died in North Carolina between 1908 and
1979.

That being said, I've not monkeyed with using the Notes tab of the Search
box. It maybe that you can then put the name of the master source into the
Source field, go to the Match tab and use your Saved List in the
Individual/List field. I think this will yield a search result for everyone
with the desired criteria who HAS the master source attached. You would
then have to subtract those results from the Saved List.

If that doesn't give you the results you want, you can open the master
source, look at the links tab, and then remove the individuals on the links
tab from the Saved List. This is a bit tedious. I'm hoping that when Bill
is done with v.4 we will have increased capabilities to search across
multiple criteria in one fell swoop.

CheriC