GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2008-04 > 1207925054

From: "Cheri Casper" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Include transcript from evidence page in report.
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 07:44:14 -0700

Spencer - In order to get this material to print in a foot/endnote, when you
add the Citation, click on the tab of the Citations View that says
"Excerpts." Then you can mark all or portions of the text you want output.
If you mark only part, please note that marked "parts" do not have to be
continguous.

You will end up with something like this:

"I wish my estate to be equally divided amongst my children, to wit:
GABRIEL SMITH." Joel Smith will (1840), Woodford Co., Kentucky, Will Book L,
1838-1842, p. 346, Office of the Clerk of the County Court, Versailles,
Kentucky; microfilm no. 0252309, Family History Library [FHL], Salt Lake
City.

In this case, the portion in quotes (which GenBox adds automatically when
you mark the excerpt(s) you want included is the part that was selected from
the transcript. If you use noncontiguous portions of the Exerpt, GenBox
will separate them with ellipses:

"I wish my estate to be equally divided amongst my children, to wit: . . .
and the heirs of PHEBE WELLS, dec'd." Joel Smith will (1840), Woodford Co.,
Kentucky, Will Book L, 1838-1842, p. 346, Office of the Clerk of the County
Court, Versailles, Kentucky; microfilm no. 0252309, Family History Library
[FHL], Salt Lake City.

I hope this makes sense. However, if you want the material to be output in
the body of the narrative versus a foot/endnote, you will have to put the
transcript in one of the Note fields, either for an event or the Individual
(unless someone out there knows something about this that I don't.

Hope this helps.

CheriC