GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2007-11 > 1194949573

From: Phil Warn <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Family Tree Magazine on Software
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:26:13 +0000

At 22:36 08/11/2007, Denise L. Moss-Fritch wrote:

>I just received the January 2008 issue of "Family Tree Magazine" and looked
>for their review of Genbox in their software review section. Nothing.
>However, checking the online listing at www.familytreemagazine.com/software
>I did find their review of Genbox. And, folks the magazine is seeking
>comments.

Hi Denise,

I suppose one major comment is that the review
was conducted in 2004. So somewhat out of date.
On the other hand, I think it is most favourable
and for just 30 USD, the program is a steal, to use an Americanism.!

Especially for us Europeans when the dollar is at
an all time low ()ish) At more than two USD to
the GBP it is a fantastic bargain.

The Other Program provoked an outcry on their
List especially when the owner, claiming to have
posted in error to the List, rather to his Beta
testers, brought the review of HIS program to general notice.

If you do not want a huge lumbering bear of a
program and find GENBOX to be a GREAT program, then stick with us.

All we need now, Bil, is the promised Version 4.

Mind you, The Other Program at version 6.12.0 is
talking about Version 7, probably because of
those who have aversion to the number between 12 & 14?. <LOL>

Phil
Tongue in cheek, as usual.

Phil Warn ô¿ô
Genealogists do it backwards