GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2007-08 > 1187562492

From: Phil Warn <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Surname import from GEDCOM
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 23:28:12 +0100

At 23:07 19/08/2007, Phil Warn wrote:

>As Bill is still working on Version 4, it is
>probably a good time to have found this "feature"
>before it is set loose on us Beta Testers! <ebg>
>
>I suspect that you are unique amongst us GB users! <vbg>
>
>Otherwise the "feature" would have reared its head before.
>
>I'll post this to the Bug List REALLY SOON NOW
>
>Thanks for letting us know Best wishes,

Folks,

I repeated my test with the colon removed from the post fix data, just in case!

However, it matters not a jot.

So, post fix data is completely stripped if there
are parentheses around a surname.

I have reported this as a BUG in Version 3.7.0

Problem Report 1482 - !"Parentheses around a name
a (wrongly) are stripped on input"

Sorry about the typo - it should be "are" before (wrongly)

The body of the report goes on to add the stripping of the post fix data, too.

Now is every one going to add parentheses around
a (married) surname of all women>? <lol>

Malcolm, I like the idea - far better than my
puny "UNKNNNN" where NNNN is the RIN of that married woman

Thanks

Phil

Phil Warn ô¿ô
Genealogists do it backwards