GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2007-08 > 1187561532

From: "Malcolm Austen" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Surname import from GEDCOM
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 23:12:12 +0100

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 23:03:13 +0100, Cheri Casper <>
wrote:

> Malcolm - You can open up table in Access and strip out the parentheses
> if that is your desire.

Thanks Cheri although for just stripping them, I would probably opt to
strip the GEDCOM before importing anyway.

> When you say "printed," exactly what are you referencing? How the name
> appears in reports and charts? How the name displays in the Pick Dialog
> and/or the Summary page? Or how the name appears on the Identifiers tab?

My usage of GENBOX is, so far, limited to using it to print charts. I
don't (currently) anticipate using it for anything other that charts and
reports. I'll try to find time tomorrow to check on how the name appears
elsewhere in GENBOX.

When the person I quoted appears in the chart I get:

Edith Austen (:Aq)

when I expect:

Edith (Austen) :Aq

= Malcolm.